FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW IS A STRATEGIST DIFFERENT FROM A BUSINESS COACH?
Typically, a Business Coach will ask you questions, in order to help pull the information out of you, allowing you to come up with your own solutions for a way forward.
A Business Strategist, on the other hand, helps you to untangle the thoughts in your head, and decide on a best path forward, plus they will offer advice and suggestions for what you might do.
A Strategist can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues, when faced with any given scenario. They are able to sort through the clutter and find the best route. A Strategist can see patterns where others simply see complexity.” It is not a skill that can be taught. It is a distinct way of thinking, a special perspective on the world at large.” [source: Gallup StrengthsFinder]
As my friend, Stacy, says:
If you need to work on your mindset so you get better at doing the work – go to a coach.
If you need to figure things out like what to do with your business – go to a strategist.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR THE WORK WE DO TOGETHER?
To get started, I’ll send you a pre-session checklist, via email. You will complete this checklist, and I will review it, before your first strategy session. From this, I’m better able to see where you’re at, and formulate a plan for helping you move forward.
Once this is complete, we will set up our weekly 60-minute Strategy calls, where we’ll meet via Zoom video chat to work through your project.
In between calls, you will have some assignments to complete in order to help you make progress. And you’re able to message me if you get stuck and need help.
Generally, there will be anywhere from 1-8 sessions, depending on which service you select, and how much help you need from me. I do offer single sessions, as well, in case you just need a quick brainstorming session — someone to help talk through things with.
WHAT IF I CAN’T MEET ON CERTAIN WEEKS?
If you know, in advance, that you’ll be unable to meet on certain weeks, you can let me know via email. While I appreciate a heads-up of at least 1-2 weeks (given I’ll need to adjust my own schedule), I’m aware that sometimes things come up at the last minute. In true emergencies, I can be flexible. But if cancellations happen frequently, we may need to discuss other options.
WHO SHOULD WORK WITH YOU?
I’m your gal if . . .
- you keep chasing shiny objects (squirrel!), and can’t seem to figure out which would be the best path forward
- or, you’ve always dreamed of being self-employed but just haven’t yet figured out which business you could start, or how to make it happen
- you are an ambitious female entrepreneur, with big dreams for your future, but you struggle to see the step-by-step of how to get there
- you enjoy learning, and are open to advice on possible moves you could make to go forward
- you don’t care for “hustle culture”, and believe there’s got to be a better way to proceed, that still gives you the flexibility you know is possible from self-employment
- you are fiercely independent, and just want to do things your own way, but you worry because all of the gurus say you won’t be successful if you don’t do it their way… yet, your heart tells you otherwise.
- you’re a Christian gal who wants to make a difference for the Kingdom through your business (*note: you do not have to be a Christian to work with me, though! So long as you’re cool with the fact that I am one, and that I do occasionally mention God or my faith, we’re good!)
- you’re in network marketing, but aren’t seeing the kind of success you’d hoped for, and know there’s got to be another way, besides the old-school spammy tactics.
WHO SHOULD NOT WORK WITH YOU?
I’m not your gal if . . .
- you don’t believe anyone can help you, or that your situation is impossible
- you love to whine and complain instead of finding solutions
- you cannot handle the fact that I tend to mention my faith in God from time to time (though, I will never try to push my faith on anyone, as I don’t care for them doing that to me, either!)
- you want someone to do everything for you
- you believe that all the experts and gurus are right, and anything that deviates from that is wrong
- you aren’t able to handle being given suggestions or advice
- you’d prefer to just keep spinning in circles, chasing various ideas, and making tiny strides that hardly move you forward
I’M REALLY BUSY. HOW WILL I MAKE TIME FOR THIS?
We make time for what is truly important to us. As such, if you’re really serious about growing your business (or starting in self-employment), then you will figure out a way to make time for things that will help you move forward — like these Strategy sessions. Besides, if you can’t devote an hour a week to figuring out how to move your business forward, I might suggest that you’re too busy, and should look at what your priorities are in this season! (Maybe strategy is exactly what you need, in order to hep you figure that out!)
DO YOU ONLY WORK WITH WOMEN? CHRISTIANS?
I do only work with women, yes (sorry, guys!).
And, though I love my fellow Jesus-girls, I do not only work with Christians. So long as you’re cool with the fact that I am one, and that I do occasionally mention God or my faith, we’re good! But, please know that I will never try to push my faith on you, as I’m not a fan of when people try to do that to me.
WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESSES DO YOU WORK WITH?
I primarily help women who consider themselves to be creatives (and/or multi-passionate), and who’ve already got a small business, and are just looking to find a way to stop getting stuck so they can grow.
I also love to work with women who dream of working for themselves, but haven’t yet begun to do so, as they either don’t know what business to start, or haven’t figured out how they could make it happen (maybe you’ve thought you need to go back to school, or to have a ton of money — and neither is necessarily true. In most cases, you don’t need a ton of money or any extra schooling to get your business idea going). So, let’s chat!
DO YOU HAVE OTHER WAYS TO WORK WITH YOU, OUTSIDE OF THE PACKAGES ON YOUR “WORK WITH ME” PAGE?
Yes! In addition to my Strategy sessions (both the packages, and the single sessions), I also offer PDF downloads and other resources to help you with growth, personal branding, and self-employment. These can all be found on my Shop page.
I OFFER A SERVICE I THINK COULD BENEFIT YOUR NETWORK. CAN I BECOME ONE OF YOUR REFERRAL PARTNERS?
If you and I share similar values, and I would genuinely use your services, myself, I’d be happy to consider partnering with you! Let’s chat to see if we’d be a good fit! You can book a time on my schedule, here.
Don’t see your question listed here? No problem! Just shoot me a message,
and I’d be happy to answer any questions you have!