FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO IS THIS SITE FOR?
This site is aimed at those who love to learn and desire to grow, both personally and/or professionally.
It’s for the bookworms & bibliophiles; the creatives & visionaries; the intuitives and introverted; and those who enjoy deep conversations instead of shallow small-talk.
WHO IS JENN?
Jenn is a free-spirited creative visionary and Life Purpose Coach who believes in doing things differently from the mainstream.
She’s obsessed with personality-typing, self-awareness, positive psychology, personal knowledge management (PKM), and –obviously– books!
Jenn lives in SW Ontario, Canada with her husband, son, and daughter.
WHAT IS IN THE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER??
- a list of the best resources Jenn found that month, related to books, learning, and personal growth
- a quote or two for inspiration
- a self-reflection prompt
- updates from Jenn on what’s in the works!
DOES JENNSMPSN.CA OFFER REFUNDS ON PURCHASES?
Due to the nature of the materials being offered, there will be no refunds given for any purpose.
Please be sure to do your due diligence BEFORE purchasing, in order to resolve this issue!
WHY ISN’T JENN ACTIVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
Jenn quit posting to social media (Instagram) in June 2021, after hitting major burn-out. She then realized that she could do business without social media, and chose to return to her blogging roots, and focus on blogging + Pinterest.
Will she return to posting on social media? Maybe, at some point. But for the moment, no.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT JENN / THIS SITE?
Thank you for your willingness to support my work! 🙂
There are several ways to do so:
- Click through any of the Affiliate links on this site (usually books!) — please see the Terms & Conditions for more details.
- Shop — There are several self-coaching guides and other goodies for you in the shop!
- Subscribe to the mailing list, and get the blog posts sent directly to your inbox! Good news — it’s totally free!!
- PayPal.me — support Jenn’s reading habit 😛 …&/or buy her a coffee!
WHAT IS PERSONAL GROWTH?
“Personal growth is the process of an individual becoming aware of the ‘self’ in its entirety, followed by taking steps to address the behaviors, values, actions, and habits that they wish to change. This process starts, first, with self-awareness, which allows one to see themselves honestly — and culminates in targeted changes to the self that deliver positive outcomes to that individual’s life.” (c/o Transcend Health)
WHAT IS LIFELONG LEARNING?
Lifelong learning is the ‘ongoing, voluntary, and self-motivated pursuit of knowledge for either personal or professional reasons.’ (c/o Wikipedia)
WHAT IS SELF-AWARENESS?
“Self-awareness is our ability to observe and accurately identify our thoughts, feelings, and impulses, and determine whether they are grounded in reality or not.” (c/o Mark Manson)
WHAT IS A MULTI-PASSIONATE?
A multi-passionate individual is someone with too many passions and interests to ever settle on just one thing. AKA: Generalist; Renaissance Person; Multipotentialite; Jack-of-All-Trades; Multi-Hyphenate.
Learn more at Puttylike.com
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BOOK REVIEW & A BOOK SUMMARY?
A Book Review:
“…is a report highlighting someone’s opinion about a book, its ideas, the theme, and how it affects someone/something.”
(source: Emma Smith, askanydifference.com)
A Book Summary:
“…is a shortened, condensed version of a [book] that gives the gist of the whole [work].“
(source: Emma Smith, askanydifference.com)
WHAT GENRES DOES JENN PREFER TO READ?
Jenn mostly prefers nonfiction — personal and professional development. For example:
- The Fire-Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte
- Die Empty by Todd Henry
- Made to Stick by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
She also reads:
- Christian Living (nonfiction about faith)
- Health & Fitness (mainly weight-loss / fitness / ADHD tips)
On the odd chance she does dip into fiction — very, very rarely!— Jenn opts for:
- Young Adult fantasy (think: “Twilight” saga)
- Romance / Mystery set in Regency-era England
- Historical Fiction (eg. authors Kate Quinn, Pam Jenoff, etc.)
Browse Jenn’s personal library
DOES JENN STILL ACCEPT BOOKS FOR REVIEW?
Because Jenn’s taste in books is extremely eclectic, no, she doesn’t (generally) accept books for review.
She may, however, be open to considering, if you have a nonfiction book in one of her preferred genres, and you’re willing to send a complimentary copy of the physical book!